BUREAU OF TESTING AND REGISTRATION
Renew your License Online
|The Bureau of Testing & Registration administers the licensing duties for the State Fire Marshal’s office. It is the goal of the Bureau to provide quality customer service as they guide customers through the regulatory process. There are 9 Bureau employees and they strive to exceed expectations as they work with both internal & external customers.
|The following companies and individuals must be licensed to do business in Ohio:
- Company & individual fire protection license to install or service
- Explosive magazine storage
- Fireworks, pyrotechnic, or flame effect exhibitor
- Fireworks exhibitor’s assistants
- Fireworks manufacturers/wholesalers
- Fireworks out-of-state shippers
- Hotel/motel licenses
- Reduced ignition propensity cigarettes
- UST installers & inspectors
- Underground storage tank (UST) registration & permits
Individuals must pass a test covering Ohio laws and NFPA standards to obtain a license. In addition to regular test dates in central Ohio, the Bureau works in conjunction with local companies, colleges, union halls, and apprenticeship programs to provide regional off-site testing services throughout the state.