The Fire Prevention Bureau is involved in the following major activities:
- Fire and life safety education is accomplished through:
- Conducting fire and life safety programs, with special emphasis on school children, the elderly and those individuals in health care facilities.
- The Bureau also develops and distributes pamphlets, posters and other materials, for the Division of State Fire Marshal, throughout Ohio. (See literature order form under Publications, to place orders; or to find literature that may be downloaded)
- Supporting the efforts of local fire departments, community groups, and businesses to conduct their own Fire and life safety activities.
- Compile statistics on and assist research efforts into the nature and cause of fires through the operation of the Ohio Fire Incident Reporting System.
- Operate the Public Safety Vehicle Decal Program, in cooperation with the Department of Public Safety, to enable volunteers to use their personal vehicles as legally recognized public safety vehicles.